This is an evaluation board for the ADXL345 three-axis accelerometer. The ADXL345 is an awesome little accelerometer, capable of measuring acceleration of up to ±16g at up to 13-bit resolution. The evaluation board includes everything you'll need to adjust the ADXL345's settings, and monitor and log its outputs.
The on-board ATmega328 takes care of all the I2C/SPI communication with the ADXL345, and it will also log the x-, y-, and z-axis acceleration
values onto a microSD card. The ATmega328 also comes with the Arduino bootloader installed, so it can be reprogrammed via USB using the Arduino IDE. To load code using the Arduino IDE, select 'Lilypad Arduino w/ Atmega328' as the board to be programmed.
The board includes a USB interface, which allows you to read/write any of the ADXL345's registers using a terminal emulator. The default baud rate is 57600bps (8-N-1). The UART pins are also broken out allowing a direct TTL interface with the processor.
Power can be supplied by 2xAA batteries, or with a 3.0-3.3VDC power supply at the VCC/GND pins.
The ADXL345 evaluation board does not include batteries, microSD card or a USB cable.
- ADXL345 triple-axis accelerometer installed
- microSD card socket for FAT32/16 data logging
- ATmega328 with Arduino bootloader
- USB connector for serial communication
- 2xAA battery sockets to power board
- Pre-installed firmware logs ADXL345 outputs and allows you to read/write registers via USB