The AVR-JTAG-L costs a fraction of original Atmel JTAGICE but does the same thing. Note this is not AT-JTAGICE-MK2 and supports only ATmega16, ATmega32, ATMega323, ATmega162, ATmega169, ATmega128 microcontrollers. If you want to work with the newer devices with debug wire this JTAG will not do the job.
- Program all AVR flash microcontrollers supported by ATJTAGICE (ATmega16, ATmega32, ATMega323, ATmega162, ATmega169, ATmega128)
- Works with target Vcc 3.0-5.0V
- Uses Atmel's 2x5 pin JTAG connector layout (DIFFERENT FROM ICSP CONNECTOR layout!)
- No need for external power supply, all power is taken from the target board
- Works with AVR STUDIO for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- Full emulation of all analog and digital functions, full JTAG programming support
- Upgradable via AVR STUDIO
- Dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") cable
- AVRJTAG connector (top view)
- Note: AVR-JTAG-L takes power from target, this means PIN.4 and PIN.7 of JTAG connector
should be wired to target board VCC!
- AVR STUDIO for programming and emulation.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: AVR Studio 4.13 have bug and the fuses are not read correctly. On our request to Atmel support they confirm the bug and they suggest to fix this bug by "AVR Studio 4.13
SP2 JTAGICE Fix"available from http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/