This is the new mbed featuring the Cortex-M0 LPC11U24 chip. The chip and board are perfect for fast prototyping USB and battery powered applications.
Like the original mbed, programming is done via a web based IDE, with binary files saved to the mbed's built in memory. This will appear as another drive on your computer, so it's easy to drag and drop different binaries around.
- NXP LPC11U24 chip @ 48Mhz
- 32 KB of Flash memory,
- 8 KB of SRAM data memory
- Full Speed USB 2.0 device controller,
- Fast-mode Plus I2C-bus,
- UART, SPI and ADC interfaces.
- 40-pin DIP, 0.1-inch pitch form-factor
- Supported with all the mbed tools,
- All existing programs and libraries already written compatible
Quickly and easily interfacing USB devices is the star attraction of this board :
Another example is the USB keyboard :
Or what about a simple USB Midi interface?