*** This is the new version 1.3 of the printer - see page bottom for details ***
We're calling this the 'model-T Ford' of 3D printers. It's robust, high quality and affordable. In addition, it's truly desktop sized and relatively quiet, ideal for either an office, lab or bedroom! It uses cheap ABS plastic and can produce fairly large models with an excellent resolution and accuracy.
The 3D printer will give you the ability to manufacture your own physical parts. Take a look at some of the examples below, of if you'd like to examine one in person, you can order example prints from us made by this printer.
So what can you make? Almost anything - we've seen people print their own water pumps with this printer - often people will even print moving parts inside of a static part.
The UP! Plus printer comes with a 12 month return to base manufacturer's warranty but is easy to maintain with 'drop-in' spare parts which we stock. **PLEASE NOTE** The printers come in a variety of colours - we can't guarantee which colour will be available, but red is the most common colour we stock.
The printer uses standard STL files, and comes with software to convert these files and send them to the printer. The software is powerful enough to add 'support' structures to your model automatically. These will stop overhanging parts of the model from collapsing while the printing process in on-going and then can be easily removed at the end of the print.
- Maximum build size : 140mm x 140mm x 135mm
- Layer thickness : 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.35, 0.4 mm
- Print material : ABS Plastic 1.72mm Filament (Also accepts PLA plastic)
- Printer Weight : 5Kg
- Printer Size : 246mm x 260mm x 350mm
- Power Requirements : 100-240AC 50-60Hz 220Watts (UK Plug)
- Workstations : Windows XP, Vista + Windows 7 32 bit, 64 bit, Mac
Unlike other budget 3D printers we've seen, most of the inside parts of this printer are enclosed. The frame is made from powder coated metal and screwed together to make maintenance easy.
- Heated platform
- Media spool holder
- Truly 'desktop' size and easily portable
- Produces fine detail models
- Does not need a PC to run once model has been loaded
- Minimal assembly needed - from 'box open' to operation in 15 minutes.
- 12 month warranty (please see notes below)
- Active user community
- Supplied with a kit of additional parts (see below)
Each printer comes supplied with a 'toolbox'/starter-kit that will help you as you assemble the printer then use it. Many of the tools are highly useful in removing the support structure from your model.
- Heat resistant gloves
- Palette knife
- Selection of wood carving chisels
- Allen keys + spare screws
- A roll of ABS plastic, enough for about 20-30 medium sized models
- Wire cutters (for snipping away support structures)
- Perfboard for platform
Please note that the maximum build size stated includes the raft size. On normal models this takes up around 2-3 mm on each side of the model, however the most recent version of the driver software allows you to print with no raft!
Version 1.3 Updates:
- Easily switch between ABS and PLA plastic
- Main board updated with high performance optimizations
- CPU upgraded
- Control switch added - pressing the switch for a second initialises the printer, while pressing for three seconds stops all activity
- Status LED - indicates the working status of the printer
- Power switch added at the rear of the printer
- New cover for the extruder head to prevent accidental burns
- Upgraded platform - allows precision adjustments and can also help reduce warping
This product is covered by a manufacturers warranty. If the printer or associated parts fail during the 12 months after purchase, acting on the manufacturer's behalf as their official distributor, we will repair or replace the printer. Within the UK, the warranty is offered on a 'Return to Base' basis. You return the printer to us at you cost, and we return it to you at our cost. Outside of the UK, the customer must pay for shipping in both directions.