The Scanalogic 2 Pro is a Logic Analyser and Digital signal generator, specially designed to decode and analyse serial protocols like SPI, I2C, UART and CAN. Just plug it to a USB port to record visualise and analyse signals via a free user friendly software. Not only can you view and store incoming data with this device, you can also playback sequences, or even generate PWM signals. The unit itself is tiny - smaller than a pack of cards by about half, and comes supplied with a USB mini B cable and a set of four logic probes. Power is supplied through the USB cable from your PC.
How does it compare?:
- It's one of the simplest devices to use, easily mastered by beginners and professionals. The PC software features all the scrolling and navigation options you would expect from any professional software.
- It introduces a new useful feature, that we called the mixed mode, allowing you to generate/playback digital signals, while recording the response on other channels, all at the same time
- It Provides computer-independent performances and timings. SCANALOGIC 2 provides a firm 20MSPS based on an on-device quartz oscillator. Sampling rate will never be compromised by the performance of your computer
What can it do? - The user interface is as intuitive as you would expect. Right-clicks here and there gives you the options you'd expect, like to add a marker, move it or delete it. Navigating through the chart area makes use of the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. You can even hold the CTRL key to zoom in and out faster! Left mouse button lets you pan the waveform right and left.
You can Capture and analyse signals:
- Serial protocols sampling, decoding, debugging and analysis (like UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, I2C, 1-Wire, Manchester, maple bus...).
- Analysis of PWM signals, their frequencies and envelopes (Using the Fourier analysis feature).
- Monitor logic changes on digital signal lines.
- Store the captured data on files, to send them over the internet to other users or for later playback!
- Captures images of the signals with all the timings, decoded data and markers.
- The Dual View features allows you can easily visually compare different data captures.
You can Play it back: Record serial data and play it back, as simply as you would record & playback a speech!
You can Generate your own data:
- Generate all kind of PWM (pulse width modulation) signals to control motors drivers, RGB LEDs or other devices.
- Generate all kinds of FM (frequency modulation) signals. Can be used to test speakers or for ultrasound detection systems testing.
- Generate Serial data and pulses sequences to test your equipment/project using a very user friendly syntax.
Example of CAN bus and I2C bus decoding:
Example showing the usage of the printer friendly colors profile. (Displaying FFT analysis for CH1 and CH2)
Example showing the usage of the "byte watch" feature, highlighting the bytes corresponding to the characters 'A', 'V' and 'R'. You can also notice that yet another colors profile is used: