This cable is a USB to Serial (TTL level) converter cable. It's identical functionally to the FTDI Cable. It's one of the easiest ways to connect a TTL interface device to USB. and fits directly to many boards including the Lilypad mainboard.
The cable uses FTDI's FT232R chip, which is powerful and well documented. The device is housed inside the USB 'A' connector and is terminated at the end of a 1.8 meter cable (6 foot) with a 0.1" pitch header socket which provided access to transmit (Tx), receive (Rx), RTS# and CTS#. These lines all operate at 3.3V levels. Also brought out on the header are VCC (5V) and GND. It is marked as FCC and CE approved.
- 6 way 0.1” header connector (Tx, Rx, RTS#, CTS#, VCC, and GND).
- Fully compatible with existing legacy COM port software.
- FTDI’s royalty-free VCP drivers allow for communication as a standard COM port and D2XX ‘direct’ drivers provide DLL application programming interface.
- Data transfer rates from 300 Baud to 3 Mega Baud at TTL levels.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd/even/mark/space/ no parity.
- Fully assisted hardware (RTS#/CTS#) or X-On/X-Off software handshaking.
- 3.3V CMOS drive outputs and 5V safe TTL inputs makes the TTL-232R easy to interface to 3.3V devices.
- Support for FT232R FTDIChip-ID™ feature.
- 5V output allow devices to be powered from the USB port.
- Low USB bandwidth consumption.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- Connect to a PC via USB ‘A’ plug on 1.80 meter (6 foot) cable.
- (Black) GND
- (Red)VCC (5V)