The ShiftBrite V2.0 is an RGB LED module with a built-in driver featuring 10-bit digital brightness control on each color channel (over one billion colors). Multiple modules can easily be chained together and controlled from a single microcontroller to create large LED displays. This version has several improvements over the original ShiftBrite, including mounting holes and better power handling.
We now sell the cables which allow multiple ShiftBrites to be connected together!
ShiftBrites are modules by macetech that integrate the Allegro A6281 3-channel constant current LED driver with a large, high-brightness RGB LED. Using just three digital output pins and a simple protocol, your microcontroller can control a long chain of these modules. Each ShiftBrite in the chain can be independently changed to any of the 1,073,741,824 possible colors to create dynamic displays and decorations. Adjustable current for each color channel lets you correct for slight differences in brightness. In addition, the LED driver is protected from overheating by automatic over-temperature shutdown.
The ShiftBrite V2.0 is a redesigned version of the original ShiftBrite that offers the following key improvements:
- New mounting ears and large mounting holes for easier installation.
- Better indication of polarity and data direction on both top and bottom.
- Larger power traces for improved power handling and chaining.
- Additional power filtering capacitor.
- The ShiftBrite V2.0 is only available with male header pins soldered in. The pin spacing is 0.1", making ShiftBrites compatible with breadboards and perfboards.
- Size: 0.8" x 1.2"
- Weight: 3.3 g
- Minimum operating voltage: 5.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 9 V
- Maximum output current: 60 mA1
- Color: RGB
- Lens type: Clear