This isn't a 3D printer, in fact, quite the reverse - It's a milling machine, and creates objects, by cutting material away rather than adding material. We're stocking it, because you can use the iModela to create printed circuit boards without etching, but it can be used for a whole lot more!
The iM-01 is a cute thing the size and shape of an old fashioned toaster. It's truly desktop, and connects via the free software to your PC. It has a small movable platform onto which you place your copper clad PCB, or block of wood, plastic, plaster, or whatever. At the top of the machine there's a rapidly spinning cutting bit which can move up and down.
- Desktop sized
- Can be used to cut 'isolation track' PCBs with additional bit
- Easy to move - comes with rugged travel case
- Free, easy to use PC software
- Made by Japanese company Roland
- 12 month return to base warranty
- Maximum Milling Area X, Y, and Z: 3.39 x 2.17 x 1.02 inches (80 x 55 x 26 mm)
- Distance from Collet tip to table Maximum: 2.17 inches (55 mm)
- Table size Width x depth: 3.39 x 2.17 inches (86 x 55 mm)
- Mountable cutting material weight: 0.4 lb (200 g)
- X-, Y-, and Z-axis drive system: Stepping motor
- Operating speed X and Y axes: 0.24 to 9.45 inches/min (6 to 240 mm/min)
- Software resolution: 0.00039 inches/step (0.01 mm/step; RML-1),0.000039 inches/step (0.001 mm/step: NC code)
- Mechanical resolution: 0.00000732 inches/step (0.000186 mm/step: micro steps)
- Control command set: RML-1, NC code
- Dedicated AC adapter: AC 100 to 240 V +/-10%, 50/60 Hz, Machine DC 24 V, 0.7 A
- Operating noise: During operation: 57dB (A) or less (when not cutting), during standby: 39 dB (A) or less
- External dimensions: Width x depth x height: 8.43 x 7.87 x 8.07 inches ( 214 x 200 x 205 mm)
- Weight: 3.7 lb (1.7 kg)
Included items: Power cord, AC adapter, USB cable, cutting tool (axis diameter: 2.35 mm, Tip of the blade diameter: 1.6 mm), mounting screws (for fixing the cutting tool in place), hexagonal wrench (for fixing the cutting tool in place), spare hooks, replacement spindle motor, blower fan, maintenance grease, cleaning brush, double-sided tape, trial cutting materials, trial scrap plate, flathead screwdriver, Roland Software Package, setting board, and user's manuals
Not included : PCB cutting bit
Note about milling bits : The machine is designed for the US market and so is supplied with a 2.35mm collet (the thing that grabs the bits). This size means you can use pretty much any Dremel bit in it. Many UK bits are 3 mm.