If you're looking for information about an aspect of Cool Components service, chances are it'll be on this page. All of the most common questions are answered in some form below, but if you need more specific information, please contact us here : sales at coolcomponents dot co dot uk. Please note : If you have made a purchase from us, we have required you to read these condition and tick a box confirming your acceptance. If you wish to disagree with these terms and conditions after your purchase, we are unlikely to change or relax the terms or conditions to suit your circumstances. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not agree with them, please do not purchase from us.
- Credit Card : We use Sage Pay (formerly Protx) as our credit card processor
- PayPal : PayPal is fast, easy and efficient and allows people who have PayPal accounts to transfer money easily to us. Opening a new account is free.
- Amazon Payments : This allows customers to pay using their Amazon account, and the credit cards attached to it.
- UK Bank Account Transfer : You may pay us via direct transfer between your bank account and ours. To do this, please proceed to checkout and choses the 'Bank Transfer (UK or International)' option. You will be sent an e-mail with our account details. Please include your surname and order number as a reference when you make your Bank Transfer. Please note that BACS transfers typically take 2-3 working days with 'FAST' transfers taking 1-2 working days. Orders where Bank Transfer payment has not been received 10 working days after the order was placed will be cancelled.
- Foreign Wire Transfers : You may transfer payment from your bank outside of the UK to our bank. All charges, made by your bank and our bank must be paid by you. We will add an aditional charge to cover our bank's T/T receiving charge for orders from inside the UK. Please chose the 'Bank Transfer (UK or International)' option at checkout, and you will be sent an e-mail with IBAN and SWIFT account details. Please use your order number as a reference for your payment, or we may not be able to identify your funds and process your order.Orders where payment has not been received 15 working days after the order was placed will be cancelled.
- Purchase Order : We welcome purchase orders, but we must ask that they are only made for orders over £100 goods value. We can only accept purchase orders made out in GBP values. Pro forma invoice information can be gathered by putting goods into a basket and proceeding to checkout. Discount vouchers are not accepted against purchase order orders.
- Cheques : We are not able to accept cheques due to processing costs. Cheques sent as payment will be returned
- EU (not UK) VAT registered businesses may avoid paying VAT by providing a valid VAT number. These will be manually checked, and it may take 1-2 days for your account to be enabled for VATless purchase. Please do not place your order until VAT shows as zero.
- Enter your valid VAT number when registering your account online. If you've already registered, send us an email informing us of your VAT number.
- Wait for 1-2 days whilst we manually check your VAT number. If your purchase is urgent, please contact us and we'll do our best to check your VAT number immediately.
- DO NOT place your order until you see the VAT at checkout go to zero. If it is not zero it means that we have not checked your VAT number yet!
- Requests to refund VAT on purchases made where there is a valid VAT number, but where you have not waited long enough for it to be checked, may incur a GBP20 admin fee to action the refund
- Cool Components deliver to over 200 countries across the world. We offer the following shipping methods :
- Domestic - to the UK only
- Royal Mail 1st Class : Uninsured and untrackable, in most cases (90%) next day delivery to mainland UK.
- Royal Mail 2nd Class : Uninsured and untrackable, delivery in 3-5 working days to mainland UK
- Royal Mail Tracked (24 and 48) : Trackable, but not insured. Non-guaranteed delivery times to most of UK including Channel Islands.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery : Trackable and insured up to £500, in most cases (Royal Mail guaranteed but see below) next day delivery to anywhere in the UK.
- UPS (various services) : Trackable and inured - usually next day delivery. Available for orders over £400 or greater than 10Kg only.
- Airmail : Uninsured and untrackable between 3-5 days delivery to Europe, longer to other parts of the world.
- International Signed For : Trackable whilst in the UK, Insured for up to £500, same delivery speed as Airmail.
- Airsure - Fully trackable and insured to £500. Only available for some countries.
- UPS (various services) : Trackable and insured - delivery speed can be next day for some parts of the world if the correct service is chosen.
- Free shipping will be offered on orders where the cost of goods before VAT or shipping is greater than £100.
- For orders less than £300 goods value, maximum free weight is 14Kg. For orders greater than £300 value, maximum free weight is 1.7Kg
- Any subsequent shipments necessary to complete the order will be charged at the standard rate.
- The shipping method we use for this offer is either Royal Mail Tracked 48 (not insured), or Royal Mail Special Delivery, insured for up to £500.
- Free shipping is available to any mainland UK domestic destination.
- Free shipping may not be offered if your order contains dangerous items - for example LiPo batteries.
- We retain the right to change these conditions at any time.
- The free shipping offer only applies to orders placed, and paid for, online.
- If you return goods for refund that consequently bring your goods total to below the threshold for free shipping, we may decide to charge shipping costs out of the amount to be refunded.
- All goods are checked before they are sent out. In the unlikely event that goods are faulty, they must be returned, to CC at the address listed on your order invoice. CC will not accept goods that have clearly been used more than the amount needed to evaluate their functionality. If the goods are found to be in working condition, and the lack of functionality is a result of lack of knowledge on the customers part, no refund will be made, but the goods will be returned to the user at their expense.
- All returns must be authorized by an RMA Number. Email [email protected] for authorization number before shipping back any merchandise. Please include your name, phone number and order number in your email request.
- Goods that are returned to us as faulty, but on testing, turn out not to be faulty, will be returned to you at your cost. You may also be charged for our time in investigating your item's functionality.
- Returns for any unaffected development board, programmer, tools, and cables permitted within 14 days from the date of receipt of merchandise. After such time, all sales are considered final. Returns of incorrect ordered items are allowed subject to a 10% restocking fee. What is unaffected? If you hooked it to power, you affected it. To be clear, this includes items that have been soldered to, or have had their firmware changed. Because of the nature of the products we deal with (prototyping electronic tools) we cannot allow returns of items that have been programmed, powered up, or otherwise changed post shipment from our warehouse.
- Returned merchandise will be accepted only if
- All returned merchandise must be in its original mint and clean condition. Returns on damaged, scratched, programmed, burnt, or otherwise 'played with' merchandise will not be accepted.
- All returns must include all the factory accessories which come with the item. This includes any In-Circuit-Serial-Programming cables. Separate items such as serial cables and metal risers should not be included.
- With your return, enclose this original receipt or a copy of it. Also include a brief letter of explanation of why the merchandise is being returned and state your request for either a refund or an exchange. Include the authorization number on this letter, and on the outside of the shipping box.
- Please note : It is your responsiblity to ensure that returned goods reach us. Please use a trackable or insured form of shipping. If we do not receive your package we will not be held liable.
- Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. We are not responsible for any shipping charges of merchandise being returned to us or returning working items to you.
- Place your order online chosing 'Collection In Person' at checkout
- Send us an email at sales at coolcomponents dot co dot uk
- The email must state clearly what time you would like to collect at.
- We will confirm your collection time by email. The email will contain exact and helpful details about transport to our location etc.
- We are not a shop, and do not have a sales counter.
- If you arrive at a substantially different time to that arranged, or ourside of our office hours, we may not be able to provide you with your goods.
- We will not be liable for any costs you incur travelling to our premises.
- We will not be liable for any damage or injury you cause or sustain whilst on our premises.
- We will not be responsible for your navigation (or lack of it) to our premises. Not all postcode / GPS databases provide accurate locations - this is not our fault!
- If you place an order for collection, then subsequently require it to be delivered we will charge you extra for delivery. In addition, if your order has already been packed for collection, we will not be able to refund the £1 standard collection charge.
Please register as a customer online. We will check your VAT number manually for validity and enable your account for VAT free purchasing. You may then purchase items using the online system as normal. ***DO NOT*** place an order if VAT is still shown at checkout. We may charge you an administration fee of up to GBP20 to refund any VAT you have mistakenly paid.
Please note that under EU law, you are required to notify us immediately if your VAT number becomes invalid or goes out of use. We will report purchases made using an invlaid VAT number to your country's police or banking authorities.
- In General : All prices on CoolComponents.co.uk are given in UK pounds sterling and are exclusive of VAT. (Note: we only accept payment in UK pounds sterling)
Access to and use of this Web site and the products and search services available through this Web site (collectively, the "Services") are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the "Terms of Service"). By using this Service, you are agreeing to all of these terms, conditions and notices, without modification. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the Terms of Service may be updated by us without prior notification. Links to third party websites on this Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave this Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- (a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logo belonging to Cool Components Ltd.
- (b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Website;
- (c) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any products or services other than our own;
- (d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
- (e) you do not otherwise use any Cool Components trade marks displayed on this Website without our express written permission;
- (f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- (g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right and can take any action we deem appropriate.
- E-tail of Products and Services :
By making a request/order you are offering to purchase a product which we will accept to sell to you on the following Terms and Conditions. All requests are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price by us. Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees warranties or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and are on the basis that we are not responsible for any delay in delivery occurring due to postal delays or force majeure. Cool Components Ltd are absolutely entitled to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by emailing you or else by calling you. We will also provide the identity of the party you have contracted with. This may be Cool Components Ltd or in certain cases a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party Cool Components Ltd is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party. When making a request you undertake that all details you provide to us requesting goods or services or bids made at auction are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to make your request or bid and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods, services or bid. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details as soon as possible. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
- Payment Terms for Purchase Orders / Account Customers :
For purchase orders, our payment terms are 30 days from the date of goods delivery. We do reserve the right under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 amended by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 to charge interest at a rate of 8 % of the total invoice bill plus an admin fee of £40.00 + VAT to cover late payment and recovery if our payment deadlines are not met. The customer will reimburse to the company all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
- Disclaimer of warranties :
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material. The material on this Website is provided 'as is' without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
- Disclaimer of liability :
We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof. You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
- Indemnity :
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cool Components Ltd, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from, without limitation, your use of the Cool Components Ltd services, your breach of the Terms of Service, your infringement of any intellectual property right or any other right of any person or entity, or your breach of any duty of confidence or privacy, or any defamatory statements made by you in any form.
- Variation of content :
Cool Components Ltd shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary any of the content supplied in connection with the Service or which appears on any page of the Cool Components Ltd Web site.
- Submissions :
All information and material submitted by you to Cool Components Ltd or that you publish on any public area of the Cool Components Ltd Web site shall be provided by the submitter and accepted by Cool Components Ltd on a non-confidential basis subject to paragraph 2 above. Furthermore, Cool Components Ltd shall be granted a perpetual royalty-free non-exclusive license in the copyright of any material submitted and Cool Components Ltd shall be free to use, edit, copy, republish and distribute (for any purpose) and authorise others to do the same, any such information or material and any ideas contained in such information or material.
- Termination :
Cool Components Ltd may at any time terminate or suspend any part of the Service without notice to you.
- Invalidity :
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
- Governing law and jurisdiction :
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Entire agreement :
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Cool Components Ltd. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Cool Components Ltd.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer/mobile device as you browse the web. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them to store information such as user preferences (e.g. language). Cookies provide a “memory” for a website and are necessary to ensure effective operation and improved user experiences.
Visiting a page on coolcomponents.co.uk may generate the following cookies:
- Session Cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies): These cookies allow users to be recognised within a website so that any personalisation or data/item selections that you make will be remembered from page to page. The most common use of this functionality is the shopping cart feature on our website. It is the session cookie that remembers what you have put into your shopping cart. Without session cookies, when you click ‘checkout’ the new page will not recognise your past activities and your shopping cart will always be empty.
- Anonymous Analytics Cookies (Performance Cookies): Each time that a user visits our website, third party web analytics software generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These cookies can tell us a range of insightful information such as whether a visitor has been to our site before, and which pages on our site are most popular with visitors. These cookies are used purely for statistical purposes – we do not use these at all to identify individuals.
- Website Experience Cookies (Functionality & Advertising Cookies): We have a selection of cookies in place to help to improve our customers’ experiences of our website, these are commonly known as persistent cookies. We currently have in place only one such cookie - that stores your choice of whether prices show VAT or not.
What happens if I disable cookies? - This depends on which cookies you chose to disable. Most of the cookies that we use improve the user experience and some are necessary in order to complete a purchase. If you find that you cannot complete your purchase (for example items keep disappearing from your basket) then we recommend that you make sure that first party cookies are enabled.