This kit walks you through the basics of programming and electronics in a hands-on way. You will be able to build 15 projects using components that let you control the physical world through different kinds of sensors and actuators. Once you have mastered this knowledge, you will have a palette of code and circuits to create something interesting and useful. So build, hack and share!
Genuino and Arduino Starter Kits share the same components, characteristics and quality of manufacturing. They are actually the same kit under a different brand. Depending on the area of the world where you live you’ll be able to purchase an Arduino Starter Kit or a Genuino Starter Kit.
Projects that you can make:
- GET TO KNOW YOUR TOOLS: an introduction to the concepts you'll need to use this kit
- SPACESHIP INTERFACE: design the control panel for your starship
- LOVE-O-METER: measure how hot-blooded you are
- COLOR MIXING LAMP: produce any colour with a lamp that uses light as an input
- MOOD CUE: clue people in to how you're doing
- LIGHT THEREMIN: create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- KEYBOARD INSTRUMENT: play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- DIGITAL HOURGLASS: a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- MOTORIZED PINWHEEL: a coloured wheel that will make your head spin
- ZOETROPE: create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- CRYSTAL BALL: a mystical tour to answer all your tough questions
- KNOCK LOCK: tap out the secret code to open the door
- TOUCHY-FEEL LAMP: a lamp that responds to your touch
- TWEAK THE LOGO: control your personal computer from your Genuino
- HACKING BUTTONS: create a master control for all your devices!
You'll need some materials of your own as you progress through the project, to make them really unique. At the very least you will need a 9V battery and a computer, but we recommend keeping some basic crafting materials handy - like paper, tape, markers and scissors. Suggested additional materials are listed in the details of each project.