The Photon Wi-Fi development kit includes a Photon with headers, a shiny white mini-breadboard, a USB-micro cable, and a couple of extra surprises to help you start building right away.
Your Photon comes with access to the Particle Cloud, free cloud service. The Particle Cloud has some great features for building connected projects, including over-the-air firmware updates, an easy-to-use REST API, and firmware development supported by web and local IDEs.
The Photon is a tiny Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It's easy to use, it's powerful, and it's connected to the cloud.
The tools that make up the Photon's ecosystem (and come along with the board) are designed to let you build and create whether you're an embedded engineer, web developer, Arduino enthusiast or IoT entrepreneur. You'll be able to write your firmware in the web or local IDE, deploy it over the air, and build your web and mobile apps with ParticleJS and our Mobile SDK.
The board itself uses a Broadcom wi-fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. It's like the Spark Core. But better.
- Particle PØ Wi-Fi module
- Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- On-board RGB status LED (ext. drive provided)
- 18 Mixed-signal GPIO and advanced peripherals
- Open source design
- Real-time operating system (FreeRTOS)
- Soft AP setup
- FCC, CE and IC certified
- Single band 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Supports wireless data rates of up to 65Mbit/s
- Supports Open, WEP, WAPI, WPA and WPA2-PSK WiFi security modes
- Sub channels of 1 to 14
- Ultra low power sleep, stand-by and stop modes