This is the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. It is six times faster than its predecessors and has a new quad-core Cortex-A7 processor.
The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B now features 1GB of RAM memory.
The operating system kernel has been upgraded to take full advantage of the latest ARM Cortex-A7 technology. Backward application hardware and software compatibility has been maintained with the Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+/B+.
- Broadcom BCM2836 900MHz ARM Cortex-A7 quad-core processor with VideoCore IV dual-core GPU
- GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- HD 1080p video output
- Composite video (PAL/NTSC) output
- Stereo audio output
- 10/100 BaseT RJ45 Ethernet socket
- HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 video/audio socket
- 3.5mm 4-pole audio/composite video out jack socket
- 4 x USB 2.0 sockets
- 15-way MPI CSI-2 connector for Raspberry Pi HD video camera
- 15-way Display Serial Interface connector
- MicroSD card socket
- Boots from MicroSD card, running a new version of the Linux operating system
- 40-pin header for GPIO and serial buses (compatible with Raspberry Pi 1 26-pin header)
- Power supply: +5V @ 2A via microUSB socket
- Dimensions: 86 x 56 x 20mm
- Firmware looks for add-on boards that comply with the HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) design rules. This allows the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B to set up the GPIO and load drivers to suit an expansion board automatically. For more information see: Introducing Raspberry Pi HATs
- All Raspberry Pi 2 Model B boards are Made in the UK
Note: This is the new 2837 based version of the Raspberry Pi 2 model B v1.2. You may need to update your firmware for this new chip.