Bus Pirate v4 is a universal bus interface that talks to electronics from a computer serial terminal. Get to know a chip without writing code. Eliminates a ton of early prototyping effort with new or unknown chips.
Version 4 is the next generation Bus Pirate hardware, but it's not as stable as Bus Pirate v3.
If you're just starting out with the Bus Pirate we still recommend v3 - it's cheaper, more reliable, and has all the same major features.
See a Bus Pirate v4 vs v3 comparison.
1-Wire, I2C, SPI, JTAG, asynchronous serial (UART), MIDI, PC keyboard, HD44780 LCDs, and generic 2- and 3-wire libraries for custom protocols.
New in Bus Pirate v4
- 256K program space, 4 times more flash than v3
- Integrated, on-board USB (faster)
- Data storage EEPROM to store settings
- Software pull-up voltage selection: 3.3volt, 5volt, or external supply
- 2 extra I/O pins
- Multipurpose button
- Bus Pirate v4 vs v3 comparison