BLE Shield stands for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Shield. It is designed to work with Arduino boards, including the Arduino Uno, Mega 2560, Leonardo and Due. It allows you to connect your Arduino board with other BLE Central device like a smartphone or tablet. BLE shield can operate with 3.3V or 5V, therefore it should work with a lot of Arduino compatible boards too.
So what can I do with Arduino and BLE Shield?
- Control your Arduino pins with a mobile App
- Send sensor data from your Arduino to an App for processing
- Use your mobile device as an internet gateway for your Arduino
- and much more!
New Features of v.2.1:
- Reset button is changed to "side button"
- nRF8001 SPI pins can be set to either Pins 11-13 on the side or ICSP, this allows other Arduino compatible boards with no ICSP header such as FRDM-KL05 board, RedBoard and so on to interface with the nRF8001 BLE chip
- Flexible REQN and RDYN pins selectable from pin 2 to 10
- The board is shorter than before and this allows it to fit on Arduino Yun physically