The PulsarProFX PCB Fabrication system allows simple, fast, cheap and repeatable one-off PCB fabrication. The system works by the heat transfer of a design to your copper PCB laminate. The heat source can be an iron or more preferably, a roll feed laminator. The system can produce fine trace and surface mount designs with no problem. With a little care, double sided boards can be produced.
This system is equal to, but cheaper alternative of the photoresist / UV box method. It produces exactly the same quality of PCB. It is ideal for protype, trial boards, or even small scale production
To make a PCB:
- Print out your design on a laser printer or photocopier
- Use a heat source and Toner Transfer Paper to transfer the ink to the copper board
- Use a heat source and Green or White TRF Foil to 'seal' the ink now on the copper board
- Etch using 'the sponge technique'
- Solder components as normal
This starter kit contains:
- 20 sheets Toner Transfer Paper
- 2 Single Sided + 2 Double Sided Copper Panels (each is 8" x 10" 1/2oz Copper, .032" thick)
- Green TRF Foil (8" Wide x 15' Long)
- White TRF Foil (8" Wide x 15' Long)
- Test Image Check Sheet
Each of the items in the starter pack are available individually. Please note : We do not currently supply the preferred heat source, a special type of office laminator. Until we do, it's possible to use an iron. Details are below.