This is the UP Plus 2, successor to the award winning UP! Plus. ***Now an award winner in its own right taking home the award for Best in Class: Just Hit Print in Make magazine's Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing!***
It has been upgraded with automatic platform levelling and height calibration.
A 3D printer can give you the ability to manufacture your own physical parts. So what can you make? Almost anything - we've seen people print their own water pumps with this printer - often people will even print moving parts inside of a static part.
The UP Plus 2 printer comes with a 12 month return to base manufacturer's warranty but is easy to maintain with 'drop-in' spare parts which we stock. **PLEASE NOTE** The printers come white - we are not able to source other colours at this point.
The printer uses standard STL files, and comes with software to convert these files and send them to the printer. The software is powerful enough to add 'support' structures to your model automatically. These will stop overhanging parts of the model from collapsing while the printing process in on-going and then can be easily removed at the end of the print.
- Maximum build size : 140mm x 140mm x 135mm
- Layer thickness : 0.15, 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.35, 0.4 mm
- Print material : ABS and PLA Plastic 1.72mm Filament
- Printer Weight : 5Kg
- Printer Size : 245mm x 260mm x 350mm
- Power Requirements : 100-240AC 50-60Hz 220Watts (UK Plug)
- Workstations : Windows XP, Vista + Windows 7 32 bit, 64 bit, Mac
- Heated platform
- Automatic platform leveling calibration
- Automatic platform height calibration.
- Media spool holder
- Truly 'desktop' size and easily portable
- Produces fine detail models
- Does not need a PC to run once model has been loaded
- Minimal assembly needed - from 'box open' to operation in 15 minutes.
- 12 month warranty (please see notes below)
- Active user community
- Supplied with a kit of additional parts (see below)
Each printer comes supplied with a 'toolbox'/starter-kit that will help you as you assemble the printer then use it. Many of the tools are highly useful in removing the support structure from your model.
- Heat resistant gloves
- Palette knife
- Selection of wood carving chisels
- Allen keys + spare screws
- A roll of ABS plastic, enough for about 20-30 medium sized models
- Wire cutters (for snipping away support structures)
- Perfboard for platform
Please note that the maximum build size stated includes the raft size. On normal models this takes up around 2-3 mm on each side of the model, however the most recent version of the driver software allows you to print with no raft!
UP Labs 3D resources and inspiration
This product is covered by a manufacturers warranty. If the printer or associated parts fail during the 12 months after purchase, acting on the manufacturer's behalf as their official distributor, we will repair or replace the printer. Within the UK, the warranty is offered on a 'Return to Base' basis. You return the printer to us at you cost, and we return it to you at our cost. Outside of the UK, the customer must pay for shipping in both directions.